‘The Last Airbender’ in the Movie Theater????????


I remember a little show on Nickelodeon called Avatar: The Last Airbender. I also remember that the show was extremely boring to kids and adults. My 2 year-old brother and 5 year-old would groan in disgust whenever the bald kid with the arrow on his head's face would appear on the screen. I, too, despised the concept of it.

It was gone from TV for a while (it ended last year) and I completely forgot about the animated toon.

Imagine my surprise when I heard that the first picture of the dopey "airbender" Aang will be in USA Today (out tomorrow on newsstands). Warner Bros. is apparently turning the kids series into a movie-with M. Night Shyamalan is directing, writing and producing.

Slumdog Millionare star Dev Patel plays Prince Zuko and 12 year-old regional karate kid Noah Ringer will be Aang.

Not a Shyamalan fan and certainly not an Avatar: The Last Airbender fan. Check out the first still that Warner Bros. releases in USA Today tomorrow-


About this entry


0 comments: