‘Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel’ Logo Teaser

2007's hit Alvin and the Chipmunks was…well, a hit. And 20th Century Fox just can't leave a hit well enough alone for too long, mind you! So what do you get? Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel. Cute.

I remember hearing about this movie a while back but ignored it, thinking it was just another direct-to-DVD release (imagine my surprise). Now some people hate Alvin and the gang and some people love them. There's really no common ground. I saw the first one when it was in theaters and I enjoyed it a great deal, however not enough to make another (but honestly, who didn't see that coming?). I'm not a big fan of sequels, either. The only sequel that was better than or equal to the original was Shrek 2 and Toy Story 2 (but I was disappointed with 2007's Shrek the Third and hoping that Toy Story 3 doesn't do the same for me).

The Squeakquel once again stars Jason Lee (one of my favorite actors from My Name is Earl and Heartbreakers, however I hate him in this), Justin Long (Alvin, I know, right?), David Cross (same story as Lee) and Jesse McCartney. But now they're adding someone I was just thinking about today-Anna Faris. No, not like that!

Faris, most recently in Observe and Report, just can't seem to find a role that fits her right. She'll play one of the "Chipettes" along with Christina Applegate.

Tim Hill will not return to direct the sequel (nice, man, keep writing Spongebob, you rock!), 28 Days director Betty Thomas will. Monsters vs. Aliens writers Jonathan Aibel and Glenn Berger will join the original writers Jon Vitti, Chris Viscardi and Will McRobb for the screenplay.

The 30-second teaser is just Theodore, Alvin and Simon squeaking the 20th Century Fox theme in those "über-cute" voices they do, and after the exciting performance we see the same logo they had for the first movie except the words 'The Squeakquel' are stamped across it.

Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel is released Christmas Day. Competing with Sherlock Holmes and the untitled Nancy Meyer project are we? Well you'll never win-eh, screw it, of course they will.

Check out the teaser below.


About this entry


0 comments: