Rob Zombie to Remake ‘The Blob’


I like Rob Zombie better as a director than I do a musician. I was never a fan of "hardcore rock" or "metal". I'll admit to enjoying his reboot of Halloween in 2007 a lot, considering I had such low expectations of it and I'm eager to check out Halloween II this weekend. Now apparently he's remaking 1958's The Blob, although without the title character. He told Variety "My intention is not to have a big red blobby thing - that's the first thing I want to change. That gigantic Jello-looking thing might have been scary to audiences in the 1950s, but people would laugh now."

Zombie made John Carpenter turn over in his grave when Michael Myers the adult killer wasn't ever shown with his real mask in the first Halloween and even more since he recreates the mask in the sequel. So he has a controversial way of remaking movies. My suggestion to Rob Zombie is for him to try writing a original screenplay. I'm all for a Blob remake, however a true Rob Zombie movie could be killer.


About this entry


0 comments: