Nancy Found for ‘Elm Street’ Remake


F

Freddy just can't catch a break. Nancy Thompson, the arch-foe of killer Freddy Krueger in the Nightmare on Elm Street series, is rumored to be portrayed by Rooney Mara. I know, right?

You probably don't know who she is. Heck, I didn't either! But I did some research and with some help from my friends at IMDb.com, I found out who she was. She hasn't been in anything major throughout her career, only appearing on two episodes of ER. But she is set to play Taggarty in the new Miguel Arteta (The Good Girl) film Youth in Revolt about a teenager hoping to lose his virginity (yawn) along with Michael Cera and Justin Long.

Mara joins Jackie Earle Haley (Freddy), Kyle Gallner and Thomas Dekker in the Samuel Bayer do-over set to release April 16, 2010.

Nightmare on Elm Street will begin filming next month in Chicago.


















About this entry


0 comments: